Monday, September 3, 2012

Friendship and the thin line that separates it


I recently watched "When Harry met Sally". Is it true that a man and a woman cannot be friends without sex getting in the way??

I don't know. I was an introvert when i was young so i had a lot of difficulty making new friends. I am not much of an extrovert even now but am improving :)
I had a few close friends (all girls) all through my school days. It was only when i was in Higher Secondary School that i started talking to boys and made friends with them. We used to be this two bunch of friends - girls and boys who used to hang out together in a group. It was great in the beginning and then there was some chemistry between certain members and what followed was a few "going steady" couples from our lot.

I admit that i was one of these couples although it was mostly a long distance one for about half a year. I also admit that he still remains the only boyfriend i have ever had in my life, my first (but not the only) kiss and the only one who has given me his ring.. Sighh.. those were the days.

While going through some stuffs some days back, i found this particular ring from him hidden away among some knick-knacks. It is a silver ring (my first silver ring) with a yin-yang symbol. It was quite black when i found it but after a quick wash with salt, it shone as bright as new. it still fits perfectly on my middle finger. It was quite a coincidence that this boy/man happened to talk to me on facebook chat a few days ago. he brings back memories of days when there was so much hope and carefree living. I cannot say that he was my first love because i don't think it was love, but i did and do care for him. I pray for him most of the time (he is going through a certain rough time in his life) and i hope that he gets a chance to live his life the way he deserves. I miss him and his oh-so-cute smile and his mole above the lips :)
I wish him well. I hope he finds his path and follows it the best he can.

Then there is the guy who is a really good friend of mine who carries a torch for me. i am not sure how to deal with this. i need help but where do i go to? i try my best to ignore this and keep the normalcy between us and retain our friendship. i talk as if nothing has changed. i respect his courage to come up and tell me how he feels but i know that i can never look at him in "that" way... he is such a dear friend and i do not want to lose him.

Then there is that really awesome, "lerh" friend of mine with whom i have made a pact. if neither of us is married by the time we are 40 years old, we will get married.. hahahaha.. he is my bestest friend (among boys) and i tell him things i would never tell my girl friends. he scolds me when i need to be kept straight and sides with me when i need him by my side. You rock, M :D

Then there is this friend who came to me with one of the biggest problems i have ever heard of but he came out of that pretty well. But the relationship that we have is complicated. I like him, he likes me but there is a huge, gigantic, gorge-like distance that will forever keep us apart. I feel guilty just thinking about it and knowing that it will never be.. Well, that's life..
"You can't always get what you want".. how bizarre..

Well, i have a lot more to say but what the hell.. this is all i can manage right now.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment